Friday, May 22, 2015

5 weeks, 5 days

I was just jumping on here to say pretty much the exact same thing I said in my last post. Whoops. We're busy. Exhausted. Living a Sisyphean existence, working and working and never accomplishing anything. Everything is triage. We went to a big party last weekend, which was a great time, but it was sensory overload: hundreds of people packed like sardines at tables in a huge ballroom, several courses of food, and music so loud it bordered on painful. Nick and I agreed that that party was a great metaphor for our lives right now: lots of good things, but overwhelming, unsustainable, and exhausting.

But! We have just over five weeks left of this. I am buoyed by that. I stayed home from work yesterday to list a bunch of our stuff on Craigslist and start downsizing the girls' clothes. I donated 8 full trash bags. It was a little painful to get rid of some of their nicer things, but I got over it. I've started losing sleep, waking up in the middle of the night worrying about how we're going to get rid of our stuff. There's so much stuff. Years and years of collecting. Every drawer and cabinet in the house is full. I can't wait until it's all gone, but I'm not exactly sure how that's going to happen. Bit by bit, I guess. The house is sold, and we have three weeks to empty it. It feels like forever, but that is going to sneak up on us awfully damn fast.

Deep breaths.

No comments:

Post a Comment